The Top 5 Things I Love About Fall

#1: PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING. Call me basic, but honestly, there’s just something about pumpkin spice that comforts me. I get made fun of for buying it when it first comes out (this year, I think it was in August…), but if 2020 taught me anything, it was to appreciate the little things. It’s the pumpkin spice coffee, creamer, bagels, candles...anything and everything, GIVE IT ALL TO ME.

#2: Evil bugs go back to hell (or wherever it is they came from). I mean, I don’t think that’s completely accurate, but they either migrate, die or maybe are just not as attracted to pumpkin spice scents (see #1).

#3: Cooler temps! This brings me joy for all kinds of reasons. I can go outside without my face melting off. I can run without feeling like I’m dying (as quickly, anyway). It’s enjoyable to sit outside on the porch and read, or just people watch, without sweating through my clothes.

#4: FALL CLOTHES! I’ve gained some weight over the last year (hello, COVID-19 lbs, plus having a baby), so I welcome my oversized crewnecks and leggings. Do I weigh 115 or 250? Who knows because I’m wearing my fall clothes! Also, bring out the boots and long-sleeved dresses. Boot weather here in the south is a very limited window, so I’ll wear ‘em anytime the temp drops below 70!

#5: Favorite holidays! I love spooky szn. Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, leaves, pumpkins, skeletons. I love Thanksgiving! Family, food (major emphasis on the food since it’s just my little family here in SC). And...we start amping up to the season I was born for: CHRISTMAS. Can’t wait to share my locally famous Christmas wardrobe with you all very soon!

Comments